Friday, October 5, 2012

1912 Evelyn Thaw True to Harry

The Washington Herald
Washington, D.C.
October 5, 1912

EVELYN THAW SAYS
HER HEART IS TRUE TO
HARRY; STILL LOVES HIM
--------

Omaha, Nebr., Oct. 4--Evelyn Thaw in Omaha to-day, en route to the Pacific Coast, flatly denied that she is going to Reno to secure a divorce from Harry K. Thaw.  Furthermore, whenever he is set free she will again live with him, she says, and if he remains in an asylum all his life she will remain true to him, she says.

"The rumor that I am to apply for a divorce is absolutely without foundation," said Mrs. Thaw at the station to-day.  "I propose to stand by Harry to the end.  If he leaves the asylum we will live together and be happy.  And if he is not released, I expect to remain true to him until death.  I have no idea of seeking a divorce, and less idea of marrying some other man.

"I never expect to return to the stage' it has no attractions for me.  This winter I expect to try writing Sunday stories for the newspapers.  I will be in Los Angeles and San Diego all winter."




No comments:

Post a Comment